BraveNation

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wed. March 9, 2022

 Today is my granddaughter, Paige's 13th birthday- I remember her birth as clear as if it was yesterday...tempus fugit and all that. Almost all of the inks and dyes that I've been messing with are, for the most part, handmixed and customized using powdered pigments, printing inks and other discoveries... I feel like I've gotten a good handle on how it plays with raw canvas but was curious as to how it works with paper. In the piece below, I used Arches heavy watercolor paper. The mediums are gesso mixed with Matisse Australian  Ghost Gum acrylic for the background and then the aforementioned customized dyes with oil crayon for the outlines. 


                                                        "Quartet #9"

No comments:

Post a Comment