BraveNation

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday, June 2, 2019---sorry for the crickets but life has been infringing on my good time. School is over-today was Graduation- congratulations to my niece Hope and all my wonderful seniors. On to my next life.

NEW WORK: So, the problem I have is- no space. I have truly outgrown my sweet little spot and am in "in-between" land. Trying to be patient as my new space is being completed. I had posted a color study entitled "I Ching" a tri- color  study that is now a triptych. It requires some detailed finishing work that I can't do in my space. I have a bunch of wonderful new canvases that I am anxious to attack but...so I've been doing "small work"- lots of oil pastels and experimenting with different papers and have discovered photo print paper and it reacts really well with the oil pastels. Enjoy...




Not a "grotesque" but  also not representational. Who are these people?

"Green Boy" Oil Pastel and medium on paper. 8 1/2/x11




Oil pastel on linen paper. "Pastoral." 8 1/2 x 11



This is on 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper using Sennelier oil pastels. Bloody expensive but oh so good. If they were good enough for Picasso, Monet and Matisse then...  creamy and smooth.."Jeune Filles."




Much like "Green Boy" not a "grotesque" but from deep somewhere. "Blue Boy" 8 1/2 x 11 oil pastels on linen paper.




Sennelier oil pastels on 8 1/2 x11 photo paper and medium. "Yellow Color Field" Thanks for looking and fingers crossed, new studio gets finished. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment