BraveNation

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wed. June 5, 2019

I don't think I've ever really given acrylics a proper "work out." Invested in some really good tubes and gave them a spin last night. I like the movement of the paint and appreciate how quickly they dry allowing for layering and texture. This is first pass...




Has a really nice Monet feel to it and so I thought it needed some "overdubs" and that's when shit went south really fast and a for a couple of hours I felt that I had lost the painting. In this process, I discovered the beauty of acrylics- the ability to "stack" paint and play with it's "plastic" nature. The result is below. Size is 16"x20" Winsor & Newton tube acrylics.



Working title is "Summer Storm At Sea."

I think I want to push this onto large format paintings and play with using oils on top. As my beloved Lulu sez all the time, "All that matters is the work."

No comments:

Post a Comment