BraveNation

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday, April 28th-Been busy...have a couple of studies going and the large pieces seem to capture my intent . Not quite finished but I'm feeling good about where they are headed.  It's all about the color and composition is all I can really say. Either it sings or doesn't. But it's also about mood which would explain them being titled after composers.





This is the 16"x24" study for "Debussy" which is kinda oblivious but works. I really love the Provence Blue at the top and the Pale Cerulean at the bottom ain't bad, either. Photos don't do the work justice- the nuances  are lost but I think most can get the drift




This is the 3ftx4ft version very early days yet...the colors need to fade and blend.



This originally started life as "Colorado" ( see earlier blogs) and after numerous sessions of subtractive painting has become "Sibelius" 3ftx4ft



Early days-working title, "Ravel"


This is the working study for a difficult piece (makes sense given the title) "Wagner." What appears to be black is in fact Indigo and the top is Cobalt Blue on top of a turquoise undercoat/ Both the study and 3ftx4ft need a lot of work abut I'm looking forward to see how they turn out. 
"Sturm and Drang," hopefully. Love the German Romantics.



Better photo of the work study and large version of "Debussy."



I think this is finally finished and named. I thank my sister-in-law, MaryAnne, for the title.
"Good Friday" 3ftx4ft oil on canvas




No comments:

Post a Comment