BraveNation

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday July 12, 2022

 One of the things (among others, obviously) about living and teaching (albeit, part-time) in Indiana that I hate is that school starts up again the 2nd week of August and it's around this time of summer that I start to feel that Monday Morning anxiety creep in. Hard to lose that school shouldn't start up again until after Labor Day memory and vibe. Lulu reminds me that it's my last year...moving on to the main course... I was reading a book about the great American artist, Sam Gilliam and was blown away by some work he did using acrylics on washi paper- enter rabbit hole this way, please... I am obsessed with different kinds of paper...here is an early sample of work using Murakumo Kozo fine art & professional ink jet printer washi paper.

The undercoat is alcohol washed talc crayon with acrylic ink on top and then crumpled. Dims are approximate 8"x12" and is matted on 12"x15" Sennelier  pastel card and titled "Maple Leaves Crumpled." 



No comments:

Post a Comment