BraveNation

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thurs. July 14th

 "La Fête Nationale Française"- Or as we Yanks would say (not sure who to) "Happy Bastille Day..".I wonder if other painters/artist suffer from the same, "Dog with a bone" syndrome...but I've "locked" into this vision working with the Shoji Gami washi paper. When I've finished with the various washes and inks, I can't help but shake the notion that these pieces are fragments of "Lost Textiles"- Obviously Japanese in origins and they seem (to me) to echo remnants of a kimono or other clothing...here's the latest with Matisse acrylic (Australian  Ghost Gum)undercoat and with alcohol inks on top.

The undercoat essentially coats the paper and and soaks it creating instability (crumbling and tearing apart) but when it dries it reverts to it's cotton state and stiffens. My thought process as I'm working is that I'm dealing with fragile fabric versus the mundane notion of "paper."

And here's yer lot for today. Same specs as the earlier pieces. Titled "Old Roses."



No comments:

Post a Comment