BraveNation

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thursday, July 28, 2022

 More paper tales...I have a friend in Israel who is a photographer and he introduced me to Awagami paper. They are a very old and honored paper company in Japan and much loved by high end photographers for their exquisite paper. It is also the paper of choice for ink wash painters. I recently received a shipment of their Kitakata Select paper which is stupid fucking ridiculous in quality.  This is my recent foray using it with inks.


The dims on the paper are roughly 17"x22" and is mounted on 20"x26" high gloss paper. Titled, "Orchids." I love orchids, don't ya know. I have one that is more than 20 years old.

When I was a very young man and in high school, I used to run Cross Country. It was 1.9 miles and it kicked my ass but I discovered something that later in life I came to understand as the "Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner." In my 40s I ran marathons in pursuit of that oneness and identity. It was my spot. It was where I found myself. My true self. Painting is my new "lonliness of a long distance runner." It is where I connect with my true self. And this blog (painting blog-i.e. plog) may just be me pissing in the wind because I suspect no one reads it but I couldn't fucking care less. I do this because  I must. Not for clicks or recogntion. But because it remains a record of one mere mortal saying, yo.... all else is maya...or rest is just a Piss Factory...so, boyo, what are you doing with your mortal coil? Me? I'm a fucking painter and bloody damn proud of it. I'm just the end of the line of cave painters...


No comments:

Post a Comment