BraveNation

Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday, May 12th, 2023

 I can literally "feel" Mercury moving out of retrograde as it moves direct on Sunday May 14th. Mercury retrograde, on it's own, is a box of cats but add chemotherapy on top of it and it's a real "hoot." Let's take a look at some new images, shall we?

Working on the easel is always a challenge and really does effect how I work. I just look and see things differently than I would on the table with paper or on the floor with unstretched canvas. I really enjoyed doing this piece.



36"x48" primed with acrylics, charcoal and oil pastels. "Between Heaven and Earth, Lies Color."

I was thinking that color is chaos and that my remit is find the content/context/narrative that is hidden in the movement/form.  Which is utter bullshit but that's what "drives" me to decipher what I do. Final analysis is that, I paint. Full stop. End of story. The rest is just faff!
                                                                                                                                    





Awagami washi 24"x36" primed with Matisse pale blue gesso. Black India ink and acrylic ink.

"Hana-bi"


No comments:

Post a Comment