BraveNation

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Saturday May 14th

 Sun is shining, birds are singing and as my beloved said to me in a note this morning,"those dark places have been replaced with color and light."


Lots of new work- small pieces and some on paper and a major breakthrough for me- watercolors.

Let's have a look, shall we?


11"x14" Canson paper with watercolors and graphite. I had so much fun discovering all the possibilities of watercolor. They used to scare me- I thought they were unforgiving and required skills I didn't have. Turns out I did have them.



Same dims and materials. "Young Werther"- my continuing homage to Goethe.




I've have been working on this for several months. I do a little, wipe it off etc etc. I've gessoed the background which had a watered down blue acrylic background. It's a 36"x48" canvas and I'm confident that in time, the painting will tell me what it wants to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment