BraveNation

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wed. May 15th...No admonition from Willy the Shake about the Ides of May but it bears hard on me as I cast this final skin and leave the world of so-called education. I have six more days as a high school teacher and my candle has been burned to its end.

I would like to share with you the evolution of my process. My last post was the first draft on a lovely piece of canvas with an 1 1/2 inch frame. Working title was "Venice" (don't ask).

So we start with orange/deep yellow speed ball printers ink and add  some lovely red, yellow and titanium white oils.


Needs some counter balance- lamp black and orange oil

Yikes..maybe getting muddy, buddy-quick grab the orange-no rhyme...



OK...starting to choke here..what the fuck have I done...looking like Halloween Part #9 walk away, dude...

OK- I have really mucked this up... walk away..no...run away...




Painting, for me, is about creating tension, dilemma, crisis and attempting to resolve. Welcome to "Resolution"-(formerly  Venice) I'm good with this...  after numerous scape offs  and a dash of magic magenta. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment