BraveNation

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27th

Hard to believe that it's been more than 3 months since I last posted but there's this bug going around...

I had brought a bunch of supplies home from the studio but in the two months that I spent in lockdown , I didn't even attempt to pick up a brush or pastel- I was too angry...to paraphrase "Groundhog Day,"- don't paint angry...I'm still angry but the need to work becomes overwhelming...the first few days back in the studio I was lost so I spent two days cleaning my space and did my brushes which is always such a Zen activity for me...Anyway, here's hoping you and yours are safe and sound...only five more months of the madness that passes for national leadership to come to a crashing halt.

New Work:

This is first piece I completed upon returning to the studio. I had been thinking colors all through the quarantine and these jumped out at me.
16"x24" oil sticks and bee's wax and that's not black- it's Turkish Umber. "Quarantine"


 This is a larger piece- 30"x40" the background is the result of 4 or 5 scrub downs starting with a teal acrylic background and then oil stick and multiple coats of gesso scrapped and reapplied and then charcoal and oil pastels. "Carnival Bachanalis."




18" x 24" "Portrait at 27" oil sticks and gesso and charcoal

No comments:

Post a Comment