BraveNation

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Work 2/07/19

I have been "studying" Art for more than fifty years but it is only in the last year that I have found the courage to pick up the brush. I consider myself a "brut" in the classic term as espoused by Jean Dubuffet.: "the raw expression of a vision or emotions, untrammeled by convention."


Yep, that works for me... These are some works  that I've done recently and am currently working on. Feel free to comment...I'm a big boy... 


                                    




                                       "Homage to Joan Mitchell"




                                            "Four Roses" 
                                            

"Acid Rain"


                "Indiana Farm Houses in Winter"





                                            "Turner's Boats At Dawn"




                                          "Gainsborough's Teal Boy"




                                              "Last Temptation"
                                            
  
                                            " St.Valentine's Day"




                                    "Cocoon"                        



"New York In The Rain'

"Verde Borealis"

This is pretty new-waiting to dry for another Richter layer/scrape. Working title is "Interstellar Overdrive." Thanks Floyd...or is it Pink?




This is the final version of "Gainsborough's Teal Boy."


And this is a nicely retooled version of an earlier piece called "Cocoon" and is renamed "Maggie's Farm"  (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment